Saturday, August 20, 2016

Polly Chicken 8/20/16

This blog will be about politics! It's taken months to figure out what to call my political blog. I thought about Polly Chick, Polly Tick, Goldwater Gal, etc. and came up with Polly Chicken!

It "fits" my political stance at the moment. I do believe I am a bit "chicken" to even post anything about politics in this age of politically correct everything. But, I will give this Polly Chicken blog "wings" and "let 'er fly"!

I will be digging through boxes and files of political memorabilia to share with "the universe". This will be a personal review of my political life from the late sixties until and through this current presidential election.

Today's political climate is "challenging" (to say the least). I choose "social media" over TV coverage of this campaign. I don't like listening to "pundits"! I do like Twitter and Facebook. I know now not to "share" and "retweet" something that I find interesting. It's better for me to just share my thoughts and opinions with someone understands the meaning of "treating each other with dignity and respect."

In the past, I ran campaigns. I wore T-Shirts, hats and pins. I put up signs! I was vocal and risked being open and vocal about issues. There were plenty of campaign volunteers who were team players and worked for a winning candidate (or losing, too). Now, I figure it best to "be a chicken"!

No comments:

Post a Comment